Saturday, February 14, 2009

Starbucks

I was watching TV earlier this morning and I heard someone mention they bought shares of Starbucks. I was curious so I brought up a chart and found this.


I initially saw that SBUX was in the midst of a 2 month uptrend, like many stocks are right now. What caught my eye though was the outperformance of it's industry. As you can see in the top section of the chart, the PBJ (Food and Beverage ETF) has been outperforming the S&P since late last year. In the lower part of the chart, you can see SBUX has been outperforming the broader market since last December.

I decided to take a closer look at the Food and Beverage industry.

I found what I expected: An uptrend since December and outperformance since the middle of last year. I also saw that this paticular ETF has support around $12.

Starbucks as well as the industry look good, so I will probably look deeper into the Food and Beverage industry to see if there are any other opportunities out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment